The Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM), Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia (PIAM) and the Malaysian Takaful Association (MTA) have established the COVID-19 Test Fund (CTF) to support the Ministry of Health's (MoH) efforts to conduct more COVID-19 testing for the benefit of medical insurance policyholders and takaful certificate holders. RM8 million has been pledged by the insurance and takaful industry to this fund.
Medical insurance policyholders and takaful certificate holders may apply for reimbursement up to a maximum of RM300 for COVID-19 testing (one reimbursement per individual) to maximize the number of tests that can be supported by the CTF.
Requirements & Eligibility
- Insurance policyholders and takaful participants with group/individual medical and health insurance policies and takaful certificates who have been referred by registered doctors to undergo COVID-19 tests at recognised private labs listed on MoH's COVID-19 website.
- Those entitled to be referred/tested are deemed as persons under investigation (PUI) as defined by the MoH or contacts of a positive case.
- Case Definition of PUI
- Acute respiratory infection (sudden onset of respiratory infection with at least one of: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without Fever AND
- Travelled to/resided in foreign country within 14 days before the onset of illness, OR
- Close contact* in 14 days before illness onset with a confirmed case of Covid-19, OR
- Attended an event associated with known COVID-19 outbreak
- The funding is available for tests done from 27 March 2020 onwards. The insurance policy or takaful certificate must be in force as of 27 March 2020 and at the time the test is conducted.
For more information please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
To apply for CTF, you must submit your claim through CTF portal at www.myCTF.my by completing the online form and uploading the supporting documents.
The following are the documents needed to make a claim:
- Declaration by Doctor using the downloaded claims form from www.MyCTF.my (Download Claims Form) / (Muat Turun Borang Tuntutan) , OR
Doctor's referral letter / Medical Advisory Note for home testing services via DoctorOnCall or Doctor2U to indicate you are required to do COVID-19 test, OR
Order For Supervision And Observation At Home Form (As per 14a of Guidelines COVID-19 Management in Malaysia No.05/2020 issued by Ministry of Health). Click here to see the sample.
- Receipt of payment for Covid-19 test
- Identity card (front & back)
- All documents are to be uploaded into the portal by using a scanned copy or photo image. Please ensure the uploaded documents are clear.
- Only 1 application is allowed for each policyholder and certificate holder.